Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Sweet Collaboration - Cupcakes & Toppers!

How small could this world possibly be!  Years ago while in the halls at Aquinas, I would walk past this little lady named Jennette & this baseball playin' guy named Jim.  Never did pay much attention to tell the truth... Fast forward 20 years (yikes!) Our children are in the same 5th grade class, they live a hop, skip & jump away & Jennette is a sassy creative genius.  I happened to hear through the grapevine that the woman can bake a mean cupcake & let me tell you how the grapevine was spot on about this one! She is the owner & mastermind behind ... 
:: oh, sugar! :: {cupcakes & confections} 

A month or so ago Christina, the librarian from our kids school (note: I love the library. It was my work study job in college & I want to be a librarian when I grow up) asked if I would make cupcake toppers & moustache's for her son's big 1st birthday bash.  The theme was 'Little Mister' and Christina had an extraordinary vision for pulling everything together. The photos are compliments from Christina & the last features one very handsome birthday boy with his moustache!  Thank you Christina for letting me work with you on this & thank you Jennette for making my little 'tie' toppers look so darn cute!

Creative Notes:  Stampin' Up! punches make creative projects like this a snap.  The curly label punch (112208) is one of my favorites. I drew the large tie topper then used my Stampin' Up! paper snips (103579) to make short work of the project & also used them to cut out the felt for the moustaches.  For the little extra 'kiss' on the ties, I used my Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) to make the knot of the tie jump off the paper! Viola' - super cute 'Little Mister' tie toppers! 

Happy 1st Birthday Rory!

1 comment:

  1. Jennette's cupcakes are the best I've ever had! Her cookies are amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete