Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cute Custom Cards 3x3

For the sake of full disclosure, the photos that I'm taking of my projects are leaving a bit to be desired!  Please hang in there with me as I improve that aspect.  In the mean time, I hope you can look past the poor lighting and grainy-ness of the pics to see where I'm going with these babies!

The two featured cards were custom designs for a customer. The 3x3 card size is perfect for a quick note or gift enclosure.  Again, the lighting of the pic doesn't capture the gorgeous coupling of these two rich colors (Old Olive & Perfect Plum) that beautifully compliment one another. Click here for an 'At a Glance' peak at the scrumptious colors from Stampin' Up!

I find it difficult to send a note with a plain envelope when the card is just so darn cute.  If feels like getting dressed up in a fab party dress but using your everyday purse.  Now, why do that?!  So I do one of two things; I add a delightful stamp on the front left corner that coordinates with the card or I sass it up by lining the envelope in some capacity with Designer Series Paper (DSP).  For this simple but sweet card, I opted to line the exterior flap of the envelope in 'Cottage Wall' DSP.  Stampin' Up! offers DSP paper that coordinates perfectly with our paper and each sheet is double sided which doubles your creative options! Finally, I opted to use the Lovely Letters Alphabet set as the type style was a perfect fit for the person that would be sending these cards.  Pair this pretty font with the Curly Label Punch & add a few Stampin' Dimensionals on the back to make the initial 'pop' & viola!

The photo above shows the 3x3 cards & matching envelopes (sweetly) packaged or dressed up in a cute bag with ribbon accents for my delightful customer.  Although this little lady will be personally using her note cards, how fun would this be as a gift for your favorite friend, teacher, co-worker and so on!

So, I have the same wonderful customer, the Lovely Letters Alphabet Stamp Set and my favorite Curly Label Punch.  Here comes the switch up!

Not Quite Navy Card Stock & luscious 'Bella Blue' Designer Series Paper dress up the neutral Kraft Card Stock beautifully.  I added my Scalloped Edge Punch (available on July 1st) for the final touch on the Not Quite Navy and again... viola!


No comments:

Post a Comment