Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Roomfuls of Sunshine

Love, love, love everything about this display from Anthropologie. Little known fact about me... I love architecture, drafting & renderings.  I love that I went to Cazenovia College for Interior/Architectural Design.  And I love how Anthro presents this window with a 'kick it' creative collaboration between the soft rendered lines & captured details of the window panes (just 'stop it' with the fact that they included an outlet with such detail! Too darn cute!) I'm crazy about how the gentleness of the rendering gives the curtain fabric such a 'punch' and the attention it deserves. 

Yup... there's is no doubt about it. This type of illustration & realistic visual mix makes me happy & makes me want to re-work every single room in my home!  But... I won't.  Instead, I pull from the awesome inspiration & creative excitement that I'm feelin', grab my paper, ink & linen thread and go to town!
Okay, don't loose hope on me yet!  I know the pic isn't fantastic but trust me... the lusciousness of the Daffodil Delight card stock against the neutral Crumb Cake card stock backing is subtle but rich.  Ooohhh the Crumb Cake ink captures the detail and intricate etching of the hydrangea that feels almost vintage.  A small piece of linen thread completes the flat correspondence card beautifully. 

See, I really like the flat correspondence cards. I enjoy sending a quick handwritten thought to friends.  This size allows me to get the job done quickly & with great ease.  Now... who gets this card?!  Gen, AnnMarie, Maura, Jamie... hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment