Monday, June 28, 2010

Vintage Viola - in 5 minute or less!

I simply love heading into the backyard & cutting fresh blooms for our table or to give to someone special.  I collect random vases, glasses, jars or containers through the winter so that I don't have to fret if the vessel doesn't come back my way.

Our hydrangeas are stunning & blooming like mad!  I decided that my mom-in-law needed a little treat to greet her upon her return from vacation. The pretty pink-ish blooms were complimented nicely by this little 'ole tin.  Although cute, it just wasn't quite right...

'Lightbulb Moment': A Vintage Label would be perfect! In a couple of simple steps, I have exactly what this little 'thinking of you' gift needs.  1. A scrap piece of Very Vanilla Paper (101650), 2. Chocolate Chip Ink (100908), 3. The Vintage Label Stamp Set, 4. One quick press of the Scallop Circle Punch (109043) & a handwritten sentiment attached to the tin with a Stampin' Dimensional (104430) & viola'  All done!  THAT was the little extra something that this sweet girl needed to be just right. 

Here's the thing... I used items that I had on hand to doll up this little beauty.  Neutral card stock & ink along with a versatile stamp set and scallop punch goes a long way over and over again.  A few creative basics = pretty people pleasers in 5 minutes or less (okay, it was 10 if I include cutting the blooms!)


Have a spendid day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment