Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of Summer!

It's been a pretty big day around this neck of the the woods.  The calendar says that it's the first day of Summer (whoot-whoot!) and both kids finished up their respective school year.  Charlie will be going into 10th grade and Anna, my little lady will be going into 7th.  Seriously?

Both kids will be at the same school for the first time and I can only help that Mom's taxi may have the smallest of reprieves!  Char, not the most studious of athletes has gotten through another year.  Anna has really branched out and improved her studies and skill sets on so many levels.  I'm just plain 'ole proud of them and so pleased for AK (Anna's nickname), that she'll be at the same school as her big bro. Please indulge me as I share with you my grandiose visions of how I was going to document this day with love and memory making festivities.  You might just want to roll your eyes at me know!   

I head to Wegmans to buy a 'bouquet' of maroon and white balloons (our school colors).  I tend to do this kind of stuff; balloons, banners, old photos & 'whatevers' to celebrate an occasion.  I just knew that I'd get the kids to stand next to each other and smile by the balloons so that I could take multiple pictures of this great day.  I mean who at the age of 12 and almost 15 doesn't want to stand in the front yard near these stupid balloons to hug his/her sibling and make it a Kodak moment?  Well, I can tell you who! 
 
Char needs a ride to a friends house to go in the pool and his 3 friends also 'need a lift'.  And the mantra begins... "C'mon, Ma - I'll take a picture later (fib).  It's the first day of summer - c'mon Ma... Oh and can we give so and so a ride too? C'mon Ma - it's summer."Anna is ready to relax, goof around in the backyard and just hang out.  And all the while, the darn balloons kept scaring the wits out of me as they loudly popped in the sunshine one by one. So, I took a picture of those silly 'ole balloons to mark the occasion. Perhaps on some rainy day, I'll Photoshop the pic of the kids that I took last week into today's balloon memory maker photo and be as happy as can be! But, probably not :) 

Now on to the important stuff!  I made this card for Anna using Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White and a touch of Crumb Cake for contrast.  There are a few things that you may not recognize, as they are new items from the 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog!  (Psst... look at the pennant stamps with matching punch and the designer paper in the upper left corner.  love them!) The 'Way To Go' sentiment is from the Happy Greetings stamp set in the summer mini catalog.  That set is a serious 'must have'!  Oh, after all that, how I wish the colors showed better for you.  Regardless - it's been a full day and as the kids say, "I'm Out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment