Friday, December 31, 2010

'My Digital Studio' Experiment

Years ago when I was asked to work on a website at work, I almost cried.  Okay, I did cry (many many times!) Sure, I can fix and build alot of things - I had a work bench right along side my dad's in the basement when I was 6 - but I simply did not have the knowledge or desire to work on websites.  html - what? 

Fast forward a few years and now I'm doing a bit better.  Through alot of trial and error, experimenting, tutorials, kind individuals taking pity on me and pure will, I can navigate my way around a website, email marketing and some photo-shop type things. My kids don't think I have a tech-savy bone in my body, but by golly, I can make things happen! 

Take a peak at what I did yesterday with the My Digital Studio program from Stampin' Up!

It started with a blank sheet of paper. I added a couple of pretty downloads, did some re-arranging, color changes and viola

I'm excited to show this to you because I think it's pretty (nice color, simple yet has a vintage flair) but also because there are a few exclusive sneak peeks of what's to come in the new Mini Occasions Catalog that will launch on Jan. 3rd!  Let's dig in...
There are only 3 components in the artwork.


The original black cage was changed to 'pear pizzazz' for a gentler feel.


ALERT!  These pretty little vintage adornments will be available in Rose Red (as shown), Very Vanilla & Baja Breeze in the new mini catalog.  This photo is the digital download picture if you can believe it, but the real life trinkets can accent any project with a mini glue dot!

The final touch was using a digital download of the Schoolbook Serif Alphabet font (wood block stamp set 113510).
Now that I've tackled this little ditty of a project, my wheels are turning about what to do next.  I think you may just be seeing some note cards coming to you via snail mail (my very favorite way to communicate) that features My Digital Studio creations.  Stay tuned!

Another thought... Learn more about what My Digital Studio can do for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment