Monday, October 24, 2011

An Idea a Day begins!

Hello friends-

Today is the kick off to 'An Idea a Day' and I'm ready to dance a small jig! My goal is to share an inspirational snippet each day through December 10th. 

As the holidays approach and we're looking for new ideas, I thought I'd share a bit of what makes me want to create.  I've got a boatload of ideas lined up for us.  I'll be posting here and on Facebook each day.

Are you ready?  Me too!  Let's go!



I love doing seasonal 'tablescapes' on our dining room table.  I don't always have a rhyme or reason, I just pull things together that make me happy and speak to me at the moment.  There's a couple of things that I'm crazy about in this one...
  • The glass lazy Susan...I love it!  Completely versatile and can be used for 101 things.  It was one of those cool rare finds at Marshalls.  Awesome!
  • Gourds.  A must have for fall.  I often grown them in the garden as they're easy.  I choose ones that are cool and move them from the mantle to the table to where ever makes me happy.  Perfect to use through Thanksgiving.
  • Finally,  my paper touches!  I used my Big Shot and the Originals Leaves #2 Die (#113459) to add the scattered multi-colored leaves.  Note: The Big Shot will die cut fabric, cork, metal, vinyl and much more.  The possibilities for decorating are endless!
  • The last piece is a small 3x3 card using the Gently Falling Stamp Set.  This set rocks!  You have the option of doing two-step stamping, which means that you first stamp an outline in one color and then add the center of the image in another complimenting color.  This card could be used as as a small note or a name card for your next dinner party! 
SMOOCH!!  A fun name for a great accessory!  I used the Gold Lame Smooch Accent Ink (#119968)on the 'vaining' of the leaf for extra interest.  The container looks a bit like nail polish and the tip of the brush is super sturdy and fine so you have great control over your highlighting.  And it's a kick-it value at $4.95!

No comments:

Post a Comment