Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Island Indigo Gets 'Framed!'

Island Indigo is one of the snazzy new 2011-13 In Colors and I think she's beautiful!  A unique blue-ish/ green hue that is one of a kind.  I couldn't wait to try using Island Indigo but had an equal need to try the new Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, called Designer Frames.  So I got myself down to work and started to play!


The flash on my camera makes the hue look a bitdifferent than it is in person. Take a gander at this Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon for a better look-see...

Here's the supply list for the pretty card above:
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Island Indigo & Whisper White
  • Ink: Island Indigo Classic
  • Stamp Sets: Friends Never Fade & Bring on the Cake (both available in wood & clear mount)
  • Extras: Big Shot, Designer Frames Embossing Folder, Hobby Knife (to cut out the center of the frame), Island Indigo 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Basic Pearls & SNAIL Adhesive.
Learn a bit more about the NEW Designer Frames Embossing Folders

BOTH of these shapes come in the Designer Frames pack for only $8.95 - it's a terrific value!

The folders are a tad bit smaller than the embossing folders that SU! carries and makes for easy layering. 

Instead of layering while card stock on top of the Island Indigo (as shown above), I decided to take my hobby knife and simply cut out the center of the frame.  It was easy! 

I personally love the Island Indigo against the Whisper White for a clean crisp look. The 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon has sublte flecks of white in it, so the contrast worked perfectly.   

To order the aboveStampin' Up! items or anything that 'floats your boat', click here to visit my webstore.  Thanks for reading!   

No comments:

Post a Comment