Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Artfully Assembled by...

I was honored to be asked to work on the invitations for an upcoming Teacher and Staff Appreciation Luncheon for the outstanding team at Laurelton Pardee School. 

I have always wanted to be a teacher and truly admire the hard work and dedication that it takes to make a strong, positive impact in our children's lives.

This year however, there was an awesome twist that came with creating the invites - I had lots of help and magnificent help at that!  Several Eastridge High School students in National Honor Society took my general invitation designs and made it their own.  These girls had it goin' on!  Two were stamping, one was folding, another was using the Big Shot to make the butterflies and two other ladies pulled everything together by placing the butterflies and embellishments on each invitation.  

I loved watching the girls just do their thing!  As you can see by the photo, there aren't two invitations that are alike and each has it's own touch of something special.  I must say, though, I loved hearing these girls chat while they worked!  Their dresses for prom, potential senior day prank opportunities (shhh!) and college visits were only a few of the fun topics floating around. 

That is why I love what I do... There is something spectacular about a group of women gathering (age simply does not matter.)  Smiles are shared, laughter reverberates throughout the room and beautiful things are created. 

**** Thank you, Eastridge ladies, and Debbie & Peggy - I am grateful that I had a chance to hang with you!  LP teachers & staff - thank you for what you do every single day for our children.  Enjoy your luncheon - it's well deserved!

1 comment:

  1. Michele FioravantiMay 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM

    Those came out awesome!!! What a good idea having the honor kids help :)

    ReplyDelete